cheers - experience - laugh - tears - friends - foe - love come along with a package named LIFE :)

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lesson Learned


I had this one crazy but fun experience. one that i'll never forget :')

My paper was accepted to be presented as a poster in AIMS Meeting 2013, Faculty of Medicine University of Lisbon, Portugal. At first I was confused whether I should go or...... that I should just leave it.
To be noted that it was only 1 month away and for god's shake I haven't prepare anything including the money.

Thank God ayu was also accepted! than we talked and we talked (again) and decided to try our luck. We needed a lot of money and tried to advocate our campus and tried hard to get some sponsorship. I don't want to tell you every single step we took and so on. Shortly, money we got was only 1/5th of the money we needed :')

well at the end I decided not to go and my lovely ayu has to go on her own. you might be asking where the crazy and fun experience is :p I'm no good in writing so I wish I could transfer my thought directly to you! my laugh, my sweat, my tears :"")

I learned a lot at this short period of time. I learned that we have to fight for what we want! it doesn't mean that I didn't do that, its just simply that it wasn't for me :')
one of the reason for not going is that I don't want to bother my parents by asking so much money and that I was upset like reaaaaaly upset by how our vice dean talked about us! he told us that being accepted for poster wasn't a great thing at all, that everybody could do that (fyi there were 255 abstracts, but only 5 of them were chosen for oral presentation and only 35 for poster). He also blamed us for trying to participate even when we know that we don't have money. What he said didn't encourage us at all and at that moment I lost my desire to go. 

At the other side I was blessed that by this occasion I got the chance to know so many lovely people, especially my seniors, they're very nice and helped me a lot. One of them is a successful inspiring person who's having an excellent career, I love to hear his stories :') 

I cried a lot but I learned how to accept our faith and believe that everything happened was destined to be. I have to believe that my lord has the most beautiful plan for me and whatever happened will be the greatest at the end ♥

˚◦°•lsqs•°◦˚

No comments:

Post a Comment